- March 7, 2011
- Dr. Yuichiroh Matsubayashi (National Institute of Informatics, a former member of our lab), Dr. Naoaki Okazaki and Prof. Jun'ichi Tsujii received the Best Paper Award for 2010 from the Association for Natural Language Processing.
- February 14, 2011
- Daniel Andrade (Ph.D. candidate), Takuya Matsuzaki (assistant professor) and Jun'ichi Tsujii (professor) received the third best paper award
at CICLing 2011 for their paper, Use of Dependency Structure for Bilingual L
- February 4, 2011
- The research of Assistant Professor Takuya Matsuzaki was adpoted as one of Microsoft collaborative research (CORE) projects.
- October 6-7, 2010
- Members of Tsujii Laboratory organized "the Second Seminar for the State-of-the-Art NLP" in Saitama Pref. 20 participants from 8 institutes joined and discussed various latest topics in NLP.
- September, 2010
- Prof. Tsujii will give following lectures: Sep. 6, invited lecture at Institute of Information Science of Academia Sinica, Taipei, further information on this lecture. Sep. 12-15, keynote speech at BioCreative III, Maryland, USA, BioCreative.
- July 26, 2010
Dr. Yusuke Miyao (NII), a former member of the lab and with whom we
have close cooperation, received Microsoft Research Japan New Faculty
Press release from Microsoft
- June 17, 2010
- Naoaki Okazaki (Researcher) received the Best Paper Award for Young Researcher at the 72th National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan.
- May 10, 2010
- Professor Tsujii was awarded the Medal of Honor with Purple Ribbon by the Government of Japan. The medals are given to those who accomplished distinguished achievements in academic developments, arts or sports. Press release from the University of Tokyo
- May 5, 2010
- Luke McCrohon, Ph. D student, was invited to join the local organizing committee of the next Evolang conference which will be held in Kyoto in 2012. He was also elected as a member of the permanent committee of the Evolang conference.
- May 5, 2010
- GENIA Sentence Splitter 1.00 released.
- Nov 13, 2009
- Makoto Miwa (Researcher) received the Honorable Mention at the 3rd International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine (LBM) 2009.
- Oct 8, 2009
- Jun Hatori, Ph.D student, received the Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship 2009.
- Aug 20, 2009
- Daisuke Okanohara, Ph.D student, received the 2009 IPSJ Yamashita SIG Research Award.
- July 8, 2009
- Daisuke Okanohara and Yuichiroh Matsubayashi, Ph.D. students, received the Presentation Awards in the 15th Annual Meeting of the Assiciation for Natural Language Processing held in March.
- May 8, 2009
- Daniel Andrade Silva, Ph.D. student, was awarded an IBM Ph.D. Scholarship by IBM Watson Research Center.
- April 8, 2009
- Wu Xianchao (Ph.D candidate) and Takuya Matsuzaki (Assistant Professor) have received a research award on Machine Translation from Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) for 2009. Yu Kun (Research Fellow) and Naoaki Okazaki (Research Fellow) received the same award for the last year.
- Feb 16, 2009
- Parsed MEDLINE data download service started.
- Jan 16, 2009
- Yoshinobu Kano and Prof. Jun'ichi Tsujii received the IBM UIMA Innovation Award 2008 with Prof. Sophia Annaniadou.
- Dec 15, 2008
- Enju 2.3.1 released.
- Nov 15, 2008
- U-Compare released the first public version.
- Jul 24, 2008
- Enju 2.3 released.
- Feb 12-13, 2008
- T-FaNT 2,
the theme of which is "Machine Learning and Natural language Processing", took place on Feb 12 and 13.
The program is available at here.
Nine speakers, with four speakers of our lab, are invited to give talks.
- Jan 9, 2008
- The GENIA event corpus released.
- Jan 8, 2008
- The GENIA homepage renewed.
- Oct 8, 2007
- The home page of "aNT: Research on Advanced Natural Language Processing and Text Mining" is now available.
- June 20, 2007 Enju 2.2 has been released.
- May 18, 2007 New homepage
- The Tsujii Laboratory homepage has been redesigned.
Our new logo represents a parse tree used in natural language processing.
- March 22, 2007 Daisuke Okanohara receives the Chancellor's Award
- Daisuke Okanohara, who is a master course student of the lab, has received the Chancellor's Award for his contribution on the research.